Hack your classroom - Are you on board?
Bring it on! Hack your classroom is go! The plan is cover a range of topics over the next nine weeks. Here is a tentative timeline.
NB. I am very keen to include guest posts or share your blogs as well - just email your post or link at email@example.com
Week One: Developing a growth mindset
- Developing a growth mindset
- Turning a growth mindset into a hacker one
Week Two: Putting learners at the centre...hacker style
- Getting to know your learners - hacker style
Week Three: Intro to Design Thinking
- Bringing design thinking into the classroom (I don't pretend to be an expert...you can learn with me)
- Evolving design thinking - from Standford, Nueva to HPSS via the NZC
Week Four: Intro to Maker Culture
- Making every classroom a maker space
Week Five: From e-learning to blended learning to deep learning
- Ideas for blending leaning without 1:1 devices (or even wifi)
Week Six: Hacking teaching to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Intro to Universal Design for Learning for all (Again. I don't pretend to be an expert...you ca learn with me)
- Intro to differentiation in a blended age
Week Seven: Handing the power over to the learners
- How to let you students co-construct a unit, a course, a task without your HOD kicking your butt!
Week Eight: Going free range and developing robust self-direction
- Tips for going free-range within the confines of a cage...
- and anything else you suggest...or takes my fancy along the way.
Week Nine: Developing adaptive expertise and making 'hacking your classroom' infectious!
- Sharing ideas about what to do next...
- How we can shift others?
- How can we keep evolving?
This may evolve throughout the term. If you are keen to write a guest post on any of these topics or something related, please get in touch!
If you are joining the #hackyrclass project and have a blog, please email me your blog address and I will add a #hackyrclass blogroll to spread the love.